When A Criminal Arrest Or Charges Involve Prescription Drugs
The abuse of opioids has emerged in recent years as a serious public health problem. Law enforcement agencies have increased their vigilance accordingly. Many arrests involve the unauthorized possession, distribution or sale of prescription narcotics and other controlled medications.
An investigation, accusation or arrest involving prescription drugs such as Oxycodone can leave you with a criminal record just as in the case of an arrest involving cocaine or other illegal drugs. Your need for a criminal defense attorney is urgent in either case. David West & Associates is known as a leading drug crime defense law firm in Georgia. Contact attorney David West for a strong defense.
Handling All Types Of Prescription Drug Crimes
You may have been arrested on suspicion of a crime in connection with one of the following controlled medications or others:
The circumstances leading to your arrest or investigation may have been similar to one of these scenarios:
- You are a health care worker at a hospital or nursing home and have been accused of pilfering patients’ or residents’ medications.
- You work in a pharmacy and have been targeted based on allegations that you were taking pills belonging to the pharmacy or its customers.
- You are accused of sharing small or large portions of drugs prescribed to you with someone else, either as a helpful gesture or for profit.
- You were stopped in the Atlanta airport and then accused of transporting prescription medications that may have been rightfully yours but were not in labeled containers with your name affixed.
- You are accused of obtaining prescription drugs in large quantities through the black market and selling them to others.
Your defense strategy should be tailored to you as an individual. You may have possessed prescription drugs because of a pain and/or drug dependency problem. You can count on Mr. West to discover the most likely path to success in your case.
Seek Customized Counsel For Best Results
The situations that lead to investigations and arrests over prescription drug crimes run the gamut from minor incidents of impropriety to major trafficking operations. The details of your case are no doubt as unique as you are as an individual.