Protecting Your Legal Rights Since 1994

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Criminal Defense
  4.  » Federal Crimes

Federal Crimes Attorneys Serving Nationwide


A conviction for a federal crime carries severe penalties — including the high probability that you will have to serve your full sentence. Only a seasoned criminal defense lawyer who has extensive knowledge of the federal court system is in a position to successfully negotiate a favorable outcome or get a case dismissed. David S. West, lead attorney at David West & Associates, has represented many clients at the federal level.

Nationwide Federal Drug Trafficking And Possession Lawyers

Federal criminal allegations are very serious charges that include violent crimes such as:

  • Terrorism
  • Hate crimes
  • Identity theft
  • Aggravated assault
  • Homicide

If you are facing a federal charge, the consequences may be dire. The federal court system does not offer probation or parole, which means that you will have to serve your full sentence if you are convicted. Therefore, the best option is to fight for a dismissal of the case or negotiate a plea deal that will result in a lighter sentence.

A lawyer who is unfamiliar with federal court may make mistakes that cost you your opportunity to pursue a better outcome. Mr. West has practiced criminal defense since 1994. He garners a great deal of respect in Georgia’s legal community due to his record of success.

In Floyd County, Georgia, a client charged with numerous drug offenses — and who was known as one of the leading drug kingpins in the area — appeared in federal court and faced 20 years in federal custody. Mr. West convinced the court to reduce his sentence by 11 years. He also convinced the court to allow our client to participate in a drug program which ultimately led to him spending 85 months in prison — nearly a third of his original 20-year sentence.

Contact David West & Associates

From his office in Marietta, attorney West represents clients nationwide. If you face federal charges, do not hesitate to contact him. Call his office at 678-384-4069 or 888-597-6596.